Hybrid (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
The Coalition is a Microsoft first-party development studio located in Vancouver, Canada. We are the official home of the Gears of War franchise, and our objective is to forge the future of the IP and push the limits of Microsoft’s entertainment platforms and devices. Our team is comprised of deep creative and technical talent from across our industry and beyond, working cohesively to delight our fan base and pass expectations of what is possible.
As a studio, we lead from our values and work together to promote respect and inclusion, a growth mindset, G.R.I.T (Guts, Resourcefulness, Initiative & Tenacity), all while putting our team first! Join us and let’s go far together!
The Coalition is seeking a skilled and experienced multiplayer designer to help create AAA cooperative and competitive game experiences. You have experience owning large scale features and guiding them from initial concept through to polish and completion. You work collaboratively across disciplines to promote the implementation of your design. We’re looking for a candidate who is creative, self-motivated and able to adapt to various modes of design work from high-level concepts to low-level tuning and balancing.
- Work closely with Creative Directors/Lead Designers on multiplayer game modes and features
- Take ownership of multiplayer game mode features from concept through to delivery
- Iterate, experiment, and explore various multiplayer feature designs
- Define and drive the design, requirements, and priorities
- Create and maintain quality design documentation
- Collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to realize and iterate on designs
- Work closely with production to assist and provide feedback on high level plans and schedules
- Inspire those around you to strive for the most fun and exciting player experience
- 5+ years’ experience working as a game designer, especially on live multiplayer titles
- 1+ years’ experience working on multiplayer game modes or other multiplayer features
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong game design foundation
- Highly collaborative
- Recognizes the value of feedback and iteration
- Creative and analytical with a keen eye for detail
- Proven experience designing game features and mechanics
- Action shooter-genre experience preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.