Hybrid (London, ON, Canada – Hybrid, Remote, Onsite | United States of America – Remote)
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Digital Extremes “DE” is seeking a Senior Product Marketing Manager for the External Projects team, who will be responsible for the inbound and outbound marketing activities for externally developed games including our recently announced partnership with Airship Syndicate. You’re a master craftsman of brand strategy, consumer positioning and product growth. You’ll drive innovative and performant live-service campaigns that grow new games as both a service and brand. Your leadership and communication skills will allow you to seamlessly work with dev teams miles (and sometimes countries) away, assisting in developer driven marketing collateral that amplify their creations and delight their players. You’ll launch new games across PC, consoles, and mobile platforms while helping grow the capabilities and services of Digital Extremes.
You’ll need to be quick on your feet, have strong communication skills, the ability to stay organized and focused on a wide variety of tasks, have a strong creative vision and the ability to present and lead projects. You’ll embrace accountability and ensure every small detail is covered, while also holding a high quality bar for all the work you develop. Bonus if you’re passionate about games, pop culture, Warframe and Airship Syndicate!
- Work with the Director of Marketing and External Partners to develop, plan and execute marketing campaigns that establish strong and unique brands for DE’s published games
- Collaborate with external development teams to properly reflect their vision of their games in its marketing; learn these products inside-out to maximize promotional opportunities
- Coordinate efforts directly with our partner’s marketing teams, while executing the day-to-day project management of these marketing initiatives. Including tracking tasks, deadlines, deliverables, and allocating resources at Digital Extremes.
- Manage, train, mentor a team of talented marketing coordinators to work with development, multimedia, PR, web development, and agencies to create marketing collateral that delights and engages each game’s unique audience
- Help support the broader product marketing team in the creation, planning, and execution of effective marketing campaigns that achieve live service goals
- Develop, implement and manage marketing strategies and digital ad spends that focus on user acquisition and retention; work with each developer’s internal Community Management team to ensure accuracy and alignment of marketing materials with the current state of the game
- Ensure marketing assets, web content, and community materials meet the caliber of brand expectations and strategic brand goals and are delivered on-time
- Assist with creative production of advertising and branding to develop communication and brand consistency across all user touch points; assist with copywriting/editing/positioning
- Gather market data to measure effectiveness of marketing activities and report marketing progress and ROI to other departments/teams
- Monitor key trends in the industry space and provide analysis as needed, i.e. analyze consumer research and business data to intelligently guide strategies and marketing investment
- Forecast marketing budgets and accurately track, manage and report on costs
- Create and track tasks on JIRA, Asana & Trello
- Work closely with 1st and 3rd party partners to encourage and maximize cooperative promotional opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Related Field Required
- 5-7 Years of Video Game Marketing Experience Specifically with Free-to-Play and Online Games
- Direct Mobile Game Experience
- Extremely detail-oriented, quality-focused and driven to consistently meet tight deadlines
- Capable of developing an end-to-end, go-to-market plan for a global release across all platforms, including mobile
- Ability to individually contribute and to embrace accountability and challenge
- Ability to effectively navigate a dynamic, fast-paced environment with constant change and ambiguity
- Individual responsibility for championing outcomes for projects with shared ownership
- Strong understanding of positioning, brand, and promotional strategies
- Ability to leverage analytics, insights and reporting to make more informed decisions
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Should be able to work on numerous projects in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- A strong drive to learn more about marketing and communications
- Clever, creative personality with a passion for gamer culture
- Capable of developing cross-functional relationships
- Proficiency with MS Office and Google Applications
- Avid gamer, Warframe and Airship Syndicate fan a plus
- 2+ Years as a Supervising Manager with a Direct Report
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA)
- Experience supporting a live game service with a global player community
- Knowledge of JIRA, Asana, Basecamp, Trello and Slack
ABOUT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Founded in 1993 by James Schmalz, Digital Extremes ranks as one of the world’s top independent video game development studios. Originating with the co-creation of Epic Games’ multi-million unit selling Unreal® franchise including Unreal and Unreal Tournament, Digital Extremes went on to develop Dark Sector®, BioShock® for the PlayStation®3, the BioShock 2 multiplayer campaign, and The Darkness® II.
The studio has reached its greatest critical and commercial success with the free-to-play action game, Warframe®, boasting a global community of 50 million registered players on PC, PS4™, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch™.
For more information about Digital Extremes, visit www.digitalextremes.com. To sign up for Warframe, visit www.warframe.com.
WHY WORK AT DIGITAL EXTREMES
Our culture is centered on providing great opportunities to our employees so that everyone feels they are making a meaningful impact. Developing new and existing talent is our long-term focus. We are honored that our work environment has been consistently recognized as one of “Canada’s Top 100 Employers”. We summon you to join our elite team!
The rewards of a career with Digital Extremes include:
- Competitive salary with bonus opportunities
- Excellent benefits and paid time off
- Matching RRSP plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Virtual access to Dialogue, our mental wellness and healthcare services app
- Professional development and career support
- Work-life balance fitness subsidies
- Be part of “Giving Back” through a multitude of fundraising venues at DE
- Virtual events such as team building exercises, Games night, Live band performances, Adult and separate children’s holiday and summer parties for global teams!
Digital Extremes is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for the next steps in the hiring process will be contacted.
Please apply for this opportunity directly through our website: https://can63.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/digitalextremes/Site/DEAPPLY/Posting/View/143