Cryptic Studios is seeking a skilled Senior Level Designer to work on our upcoming projects!
You’ll collaborate with art, design and programming to develop exciting 3D spaces that support and strengthen the relationship between core gameplay systems, the art vision, and overarching narrative.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working alongside art and design to create and maintain level layouts from paper design to final iteration making sure the original vision is not lost
- Ensuring asset requirements are detailed out as art and design work progresses
- Continually developing and utilizing the moment-to-moment level design toolbox as new gameplay systems are ready for integration
- Collaborating with programming and technical design to ensure overarching gameplay flow system specifications are being met and maintained
What we’d like to see:
- Experience creating level layouts for 3rd person action RPG gameplay
- Strong understanding of environmental design and how it integrates with gameplay moments
- Exceptional understanding of composition and techniques related to level design
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team-player with a strong desire to make a positive impact on our work culture
- Portfolio level design examples demonstrating composition and gameplay from shipped games
- 4+ years of industry experience as a Level Designer with at least 1 shipped title
- Prior shipped level design in action RPGs or run-based gameplay games like roguelikes
- Experience with 3D modelling software
- Experience with level design for multiplayer games
- Familiarity with visual scripting tools
- Design Degree, College Degree, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with the Unreal Engine
What Cryptic Offers:
- Remote Work Options – Anywhere Within The US
- A fun tight-knit team where your contributions will have a major impact
- Full-Time role
- Paid Holiday, Sick Time & Paid Time off
- Health Insurance & Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision
- Company social events
- Pet-Friendly Environment
At Cryptic Studios, Inc. the standard base pay range for this role is $115,000 – $155,000 annually. This base pay range is for the U.S. and is not applicable to locations outside of the U.S. Actual amounts will vary depending on experience, performance, and location. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
Cryptic Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. Company policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, ethnicity, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, marital status, age, national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under California Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, military and veteran status, genetic information, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), sexual orientation, or any other protected class, characteristic, or consideration made unlawful under applicable federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.