PLAYERUNKNOWN Productions is an independent development studio based in Amsterdam, focused on creating massive sandbox worlds. Our multi-disciplinary team is using an array of new and emerging technologies to push the envelope of what is possible with open worlds in gaming. Our goal is to build deep, systemic playgrounds on a planetary scale, populated by thousands of players.
MELBA Team is PLAYERUNKNOWN Productions’ applied research division. Project Melba is a new simulation engine being built from the ground up, utilizing data-driven design, multi-core processing and machine learning at its foundation in order to power virtual worlds on a scale beyond the capabilities of current technology.
As a Senior Core Engine Programmer you will join our Core Engine Technology group at Melba Team where your expertise and experience will be focused primarily on the core engine and low level systems. Take personal responsibility for the system design, including evaluating and implementing solutions while detecting issues and meeting requirements. Investigate and develop processes and workflows for the core engine.
- In collaboration with peers, design software, identify problems, determine best solutions, evaluate existing or implement custom solutions.
- Adopt a breath-first development approach: design for scalability, implement iterative.
- Develop Data-Oriented opposed to Object Oriented.
- Strive to design software for scalability.
- Produce platform independent code.
- Use and expand the system libraries for our proprietary ECS-based engine.
- Implement new systems for a highly data-driven, simulation-based, open-world, sandbox project.
- Performance and memory optimization.
- Write maintainable and robust code that will be used for many years to come.
- Highly motivated to work with new and emerging technologies.
- Extensive professional programming experience.
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++.
- Understanding of scalable software design and architectures (DOD, ECS).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of mathematics.
- Experience integrating / adapting 3rd party technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Being able to well organise and prepare your own tasks.
- Participate in meetings for planning, problem solving and knowledge transfer.
- Have self motivated and autodidactic properties.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms.
- Additional programming/scripting languages like Python.
- Experience with GPGPU.
- Console experience.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern technologies and tools.
Amsterdam or Remote (within similar time zone)