Hybrid (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
PLAYERUNKNOWN Productions is an independent development studio based in Amsterdam, focused on creating massive sandbox worlds. Our multi-disciplinary team is using an array of new and emerging technologies to push the envelope of what is possible with open worlds in gaming. Our goal is to build deep, systemic playgrounds on a planetary scale, populated by thousands of players.
MELBA Team is PLAYERUNKNOWN Productions’ applied research division. Project Melba is a new simulation engine being built from the ground up, utilizing data-driven design, multi-core processing and machine learning at its foundation in order to power virtual worlds on a scale beyond the capabilities of current technology.
For the Melba Team we are looking for a Senior Console Platform Programmer to work in a talented multi-disciplinary team and be responsible for developing and maintaining many aspects of the core engine technology. As the Console Programmer you will have the opportunity to master the latest generation of consoles, ensuring our technology to be compliant on their new hardware.
- Port/implement and support platform specific systems for console platforms.
- Data-Oriented software development for ECS-architecture based engine-technology.
- Applying scalable software design.
- Maintain and implement support for the console platforms.
- Identifying performance bottlenecks and optimising the game engine.
- Ensuring compliance with platform requirements (TRC/XR/LotCheck).
- Experience developing for different console platforms.
- Highly motivated to work with new and emerging technologies.
- Extensive professional programming experience.
- Advanced proficiency in C/C++.
- Understanding of scalable software design and architectures (DOD, ECS).
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Solid understanding of mathematics.
- Experience integrating / adapting 3rd party technologies.
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience with GIT version control.
- Experience programming with recent generation PC, Xbox and PlayStation APIs.
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, able to work independently.
- Experience with modern render back-ends like DirectX12 and/or Vulkan.
- Experience developing for multiple platforms.
- Additional programming languages like Python.
- Experience with GPGPU.
- Practical experience using a variety of modern technologies and tools.
- Amsterdam or Remote (within similar time zone)