Texas Tech University
Senior Business Assistant for Development
Media and Communication
Performs responsible and complex duties associated with a specialized function of a section of clerical employees. Duties may be generally described as planning, assigning, coordinating, directing, scheduling, evaluating, verifying, training, and processing of information. Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures, and methods for the area of responsibility is required. Initiative and independent judgments are frequently exercised in formulating procedures or methods, and in program coordination. Work is performed under general supervision within University policies and procedures. Job performance is based on overall operational effectiveness.
- Responsible for primary administrative support for the college’s Development Officer regarding alumni relations, donor tracking, including contact reports, biographical update information, requesting lists, updating spreadsheets, etc.
- Responsible to handle all correspondence in the area of stewardship to include but not limited to thank you letters, birthday cards, memorandums, donor correspondence, etc. as assigned by the college’s Development Officer.
- Maintain monthly recognitions for donor birthdays and assist with written donor correspondence through direct mail
- Responsible to work with Institutional Advancement to establish new accounts, transmittal forms for deposits and prepare financial reports for the college’s Development Officer
- Oversees the management and administration of donor records and administrative records related to gifts. Process all donor gift documentation and manage monthly donor acknowledgement letter process. Pull reports on, and provide analysis of, gift contribution income
- Serve as lead on logistics and planning for select Development-related special events, including: guest list development, invitation process, event staffing, and follow-up. Work with Development Director to leverage College events as donor engagement opportunities. Serve as lead or assist on other College events as may be assigned or appropriate
- Oversee scholarship letters process and distribution to endowment donors, working with the College and its departments throughout the year to supervise letter collection progress. Serve as main liaison between the College, TTU Office of Advancement, and TTUS Institutional Advancement on development-related scholarship matters
- Financial tracking: assist in Development budgeting, maintain list of Development-related expenses and receipts for travel, and update annual budget when necessary
- Collaborate with CoMC Marketing Department to maintain inventory of items for College promotion, including alumni gifts as well as development, marketing, and special recognition materials
- Responsible for the coordination and planning of college events that support development efforts
- Handles a variety of administrative duties in order to support the Office of Development
- Able to expresses ideas/information in a complete, clear, concise, organized, and timely manner
- Experience with, and commitment to, working with a diverse group of employees and customers. Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective and efficient utilization of time and resources. Anticipates and responds to the needs of the department. Good time and project management skills. Works well with deadlines. Able to work proactively with minimal supervision
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Previous experience in event planning/management
A minimum of a high school diploma or the equivalent. Three years progressively responsible clerical experience. Additional education and/or related experience to equal three years may substitute on a year for year basis.
To apply, visit workattexastech.com
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.