Internal Number: 7325
* The Registered Nurse is a clinically competent practitioner of pediatric, family centered nursing care. The nurse provides safe nursing care to the pediatric primary care patients with minimal guidance and bases practice on identified principles and standards of care. The RN is responsible for daily patient care, assessment and treatment in collaboration with the clinical medical provider. The RN must be competent in caring for patients with moderate to complex heath issues. Assists nurse manager or Office manager with administrative issues which affect the clinical practices within the office as well as comply with the administrative policies and clinical protocols.
- Essential Functions:
- Follow the nursing process to deliver care: assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Synthesizes patient assessments data and recognizes complex situations prior to communicating with the care team.
- Documentation reflects ongoing evaluation and effectiveness of patient care.
- Provides care that meets professional standards of practice and meets regulatory requirements.
- Safely administers medications and medications as prescribed by the provider.
- Triages patient’s calls utilizing Barton Schmidt pediatric protocols, national teleheath standards and clinical advice from the clinical provider.
- Assists the clinical provider with in office procedures within the scope of the nurse’s license.
- Performs phlebotomy to obtain blood specimens and back office laboratory tests.
- Provides age and developmentally appropriate care to primary care patients.
- Additional Requirements:
- BSN required
- Must have or be eligible for PA nursing license
- Pediatric Office Nurse experience required
- Phone Triage experience preferred
- BLS Certification with the American Heart Association required