Hybrid (Stockholm, Sweden)
Fast Travel Games
Would you like to play a key role in bringing one of our most exciting projects yet to market? As our next producer you will help us release our very first multiplayer game, as well as shape our studio culture and ways of working.
About the role
You will be the producer for a cross-disciplinary team of around 20 programmers, artists and designers working on an as of yet unreleased title. In your role you will own the product roadmap and make sure the project moves forward with momentum. You will ensure a healthy workload for the team and champion a positive, creative and collaborative culture.
Your main focus will be the project and team, and giving both a solid project management framework. Thanks to you, everyone will know what’s important and how to best spend their time. You will of course also advocate for product quality and make sure the team is set up to achieve it.
- Work with all stakeholders to create a project plan with an achievable scope, and help the team deliver on it
- Provide the team with clear goals, priorities and focus, and break it down into concrete tasks
- Set and iterate on team processes and ways of working
- Lead and unblock the team day to day in standups, sprint planning, feedback sessions, retrospectives and so on
- Manage platform holder expectations and act as their point of contact for the project
Are you our next producer?
You have worked in the games or tech industry for a while, preferably in a similar role, and can tell us about your work on some shipped products.
You are a strong organiser, communicator and listener. You have experience with, and enjoy, leading a team of people towards a shared goal. You communicate clear goals and priorities, and you value team health and a good work life balance.
You are really into development processes, methodologies and best practices, and you know what’s important at different stages of development. You don’t feel scared or bored when hearing words like “budgeting”, “scheduling”, “resource planning”, “recruitment” or “risk management”.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with release planning and working with live products
- Experience with multiplayer games or other online products
- A love for VR 🙂
- A background or significant experience in game development crafts such as art, game design, engineering or QA
- Curious about emerging product practices and tools in the games industry
Life at Fast Travel Games
At FTG you will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative environment. In your role as producer you will play a significant role in shaping and building the studio culture. We’re a small team, but between us we have a lot of experience and we believe a healthy work-life balance is fundamental for building great games.
We believe that great things happen when working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to finished result. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. We believe that what you do in your spare time is yours, including game related side projects.
That’s how we stay creative.
This role is local in Stockholm, currently a hybrid model of attendance in office and working from home is applied.