Hybrid (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
PLAYERUNKNOWN Productions is an independent development studio based in Amsterdam, focused on creating massive sandbox worlds. Our multi-disciplinary team is using an array of new and emerging technologies to push the envelope of what is possible with open worlds in gaming. Our goal is to build deep, systemic playgrounds on a planetary scale, populated by thousands of players.
The MELBA Team is PLAYERUNKNOWN Productions’ applied research division. Project Melba is a new simulation engine being built from the ground up, utilizing data-driven design, multi-core processing and machine learning at its foundation in order to power virtual worlds on a scale beyond the capabilities of current technology.
As a ML researcher, you will be working to incorporate cutting edge technology into a brand-new engine designed to power large-scale simulations. As part of the Melba R&D Team, you will be joining a team of other developers and researchers approaching problems from new angles and experimenting with novel solutions.
Games are the ideal environment for applying advanced Machine Learning techniques. Our team of R&D seeks to bring together AI Researchers, Software Engineers and specialists in various disciplines to create novel AI solutions. As such, our overall goal is to explore, experiment, and create new technologies, tools, pipelines, and gameplay to make better games and its development faster and cheaper.
- Exploring and developing new Machine Learning models and techniques
- Constantly reviewing relevant Machine Learning literature to identify emerging methods or technologies and current best practices
- Introduces creative approaches to research topics and generates new approaches, perspectives and solutions to research topics
- Defining and executing research projects
- Working closely with games developers to design, develop and incorporate AI solutions into their production
- An MS or PhD in a field related to Machine Learning such as: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or Physics
- Significant doctoral or post-doctoral research experience or 5 or more years of work experience
- Passion about AI research and technology
- Solid background in statistical methods for Machine Learning
- Strong familiarity with Deep Learning techniques and their various network architectures (CNNs, GANs, RNNs, etc.);
- Strong coding abilities in: Python or C/C++
- Good communication skills
- Comfortable working in areas where learning and adaptability are key skills
- At times, the ability to lead and rally stakeholders and team members
- Experience in a leadership role.
- Excellent practical knowledge of Atlassian software development and collaboration tools.
- AAA / console game development experience.
- Experience working in diverse, multinational teams.
- Experience developing with Unity.
- Competence with MS Office on a user level.
- Amsterdam or Remote (within similar time zone)