The Zoe Report
The Zoe Report is seeking a remote, part-time writer to cover general lifestyle content (travel, home decor, food/beverage, entertaining) for TZR’s Living vertical. Day-to-day responsibilities include scanning, pitching, and writing both news and more in-depth features ranging from product launches and shopping stories to trend reports and brand profiles.
The candidate must be well-versed in the topics of travel, home decor/design, food/beverage, and entertaining. An innate ability for news judgment, trendspotting, and strong reporting are crucial to this role. The candidate must be able to write clearly and concisely as well as be able to juggle multiple stories at once (both short turnaround and longer lead).
Examples of the kinds of articles you’d work on include: Goodbye Squiggles: Etsy Says Melting Forms Are 2023’s Hottest New Decor Trend; Dessert Cocktails So Delicious, They’ll Replace Your Last Course; Nordstrom’s Half-Yearly Sale Is Here & We’re Obsessed With These Decor Deals; Considering A Trip To The Alps? Here Are The Ski Towns You Shouldn’t Miss
The majority of stories will require the writer to find sources and conduct phone or email interviews. A network of industry contacts and go-to experts (i.e. travel experts, entertaining experts, and interior designers, etc.) is preferred.
Candidates must have availability to work 2-4 days per week during business hours, EST. The writer will work remotely and communicate with the executive editor throughout their shift.
- Write 4-5 350- to 500-word stories per week, comprising a mix of news stories and evergreen stories from both pitches and assignments
- Stay up-to-date on the latest lifestyle trends and research diverse, influential thought leaders to include as sources to produce authoritative content
- Manage ongoing assignments, including conducting interviews and follow-ups
- Applicants should have at least 2 years experience covering lifestyle topics at an online publication
- Strong understanding and knowledge of SEO and social best practices
- Ability to write quickly without compromising brand integrity or mission
- An energetic spirit, positive attitude, and a sense of urgency to deliver news to our devoted readers
- Knowledge of AP style