Sparks Glencoe, MD, USA
Who We Are:
MAKE LIFE EPIC
Founded in 1996, Firaxis Games is a world-renowned game development studio with an unwavering mission to “build games that stand the test of time”. The name Firaxis, a fusion of “fiery” and “axis,” communicates the company’s dynamic development process that results in the creation of ground breaking titles with unparalleled gameplay delivered to gamers around the world. Under the creative direction of industry legend Sid Meier, Firaxis has released dozens of hit games on multiple platforms and is recognized as an industry leader in game development.
Let gameplay drive decision making
Deliver great work for the studio, the team & yourself
Maintain an environment where people are happy
Find opportunities to contribute and collaborate
Put effort where it pays off the most
We are looking for an extraordinarily skilled Visual Effects Artist to help support the Marvel’s Midnight Suns’ cinematics team. As a VFX Artist with our Cinematics Team, you will work with the Cinematics Director and other Disciplines to review, iterate and approve high quality assets from our Vendors that enhance the player’s experience and bring life and spectacle into our games’ Cinematics. The ideal candidate must have an excellent grasp of particle systems, material creation, modeling and texturing skills, with experience working on Cinematics pipelines.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with Cinematics Leadership and other to build the next generation of in-game Cinematics for Firaxis’ Franchises such as Civilization, XCom & Midnight Suns
- Build cinematic VFX assets that set the bar for quality, efficiency, and style that outsourcers will target.
- Efficiently concept and communicate ideas to rapidly iterate with Outsourcers and relevant internal stakeholders to deliver Cinematics to a high standard
- Give creative insight into scope and manage expectations of what the Cinematics VFX capabilities are
- Help establish pipelines for efficient creation, iteration and implementation of all Cinematics related VFX Content
Who Will Be A Phenomenal Fit:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in game development as a VFX artist.
- Experience working with Cinematics Pipelines, especially in collaboration with external vendors
- At least 2 shipped products
- Deep knowledge of the VFX tools of the Unreal 4 Engine, including: Niagara, Material creation, Sequencer & Blueprint logic
- A solid understanding of form, color, and lighting.
- Phenomenal painting, texturing, and 3D modeling skills.
- Able to problem tackle both technically and creatively in a collaborative environment with directors / art directors
- A passion for making games.
Named World’s #1 Developer of the Year by Game Informer Magazine in 2012, Firaxis is very proud of its legacy of developing award-winning titles. We have won multiple BAFTAs, D.I.C.E Awards, Game of the Year titles, and category awards (from “Best Strategy Game” to “Best PC Game”) across our products.
Additionally, our company was also featured in SmartCEO’s “Best-Run Book” for company culture and praised for a focus on “family, fun and flexibility.” Firaxis was also named a finalist in SmartCEO’s Healthiest Company Awards for 2016.
Firaxis Games prides itself on maintaining a quality of life inside and outside the studio – when our team members are happy and healthy, creativity can thrive. We offer boot camp fitness and yoga classes at the office, a free gym with shower, regularly catered lunches and breakfasts, biweekly Friday Happy Hours, company events and parties, and a “FunZone” complete with billiards, foosball, video games, and tabletop gaming space. We are also a philanthropic studio and offer employees the chance to volunteer with local charities and nonprofits throughout the year.
Full time employees can also take advantage of Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, 401K retirement savings, a wellbeing initiative with the opportunity to earn cash rewards, an Employee Assistance Program, and paid time off and paid holidays.