The New School
L2 Technician is a support position in the Information Technology department responsible for dedicated on-site and remote technical support for the New School community. L2 Technicians are customer-facing and must utilize effective customer service and communication skills to troubleshoot and resolve various technical issues.
This is a union position governed by a Local 1205 Teamsters Professional unit.
The New School is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and particularly seeks applications from members of underrepresented groups, as well as candidates who share this commitment.
- Provides on-site and remote support in learning spaces and offices, including troubleshooting, resolving, and closing service desk cases.
- Tests and deploys images in learning spaces and offices/administrative hub, including but not limited to workstations, desktops, laptops, printers, and scanners.
- Sets up and configures desktop and laptop equipment both in-person and remotely.
- Maintains a high level of customer service while resolving complex support cases.
- Maintains detailed updates regarding cases and support.
- Assists other team members with cases or questions as they arise.
- Maintains knowledge of supported systems and escalation paths.
- Provides backup to L1 Technicians in the event of absences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) and professional level work in a closely related field.
- Experience providing excellent customer service for a fast-paced, hybrid IT department.
- Demonstrated skills in technology support at level 2 with the ability to troubleshoot Windows and Mac hardware and software issues, provide technical assessment and recommendations following protocols, and support initiatives for process and escalation improvements.
- Superior organization skills to handle multiple tasks and projects and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, in written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated skills in technology support at level 2 with a good understanding of escalation processes.
- Genuine interest in working with people and researching solutions for technical problems and usability challenges.
- Ability to adhere to University COVID-19 Policy and requirements.
- ITIL certification.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems, in particular, Cherwell ticketing system and best practices.
- Efficient working knowledge of MS Office, ticketing systems, reservation and knowledge base management systems, Google apps.
On-Campus Position – Employees in this position are expected to work on-campus during regularly scheduled work hours due to the nature of the work being that which is not feasible, or not in the best interest of the organization, to be performed remotely.
$26.10 – $28.02 per hour
We look forward to receiving your application!
Tagged as: Entry-level