Wild Waves Theme & Waterpark
JOB TITLE: General Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales & Marketing
DEPARTMENT Group Sales
*Deadline to apply is January 26, 2023
JOB SUMMARY: Are you looking for a unique job that is fun and rewarding with a growing company? Washington’s only combination theme and water park is looking for a fun, outgoing and experienced General Sales Manager to join our team. This position oversees the Wild Waves group and special event sales efforts and assists the marketing department as needed. The position is also responsible for maintaining and developing accounts in assigned territory to meet revenue and attendance goals. Must be able to create, nurture and successfully close a pipeline of leads and opportunities while continuously prospecting for new accounts. This position will provide direct sales support for several hundred customers via telephone and e-mail. Will proactively call potential and previous accounts to discuss park programs and product offerings. Prospecting would be the focus of this position.
Preferred candidate for this position would be:
- Good communicator/presenter
- Fun loving enthusiast
- Pays attention to detail
- Enjoys an occasional corn dog & thrill ride
- Sales aptitude, interest, and desire
- Good project management skills
- Independent worker
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under corporate directive, work with the Director of Marketing to develop and manage new sales strategies and programs to increase ticket sales and park attendance.
- Work with the Marketing & Sales team to produce programs to benefit the entire department/park.
- Coordinate with the Marketing Manager in the development, coordination, and operation of special events.
- Develop, review, and maintain Group Sales territory, budget, and goals.
- Assist in recruitment, selection, and training of seasonal and fulltime staff.
- Coach and discipline staff as needed.
- Approve purchases and review invoices within the Group Sales Department.
- Research, analyze and monitor projects to ensure adoption of best practices.
- Professionally represent the park in the community, at the park and at industry functions when necessary.
- Guest Service – Personally interact with and assist guests daily as well as support the marketing team in giving first class service to clients and guests.
- Reports to Director of Marketing on a weekly basis regarding accounts, trends and forecasting. Assists with daily park operations when assigned to be Marketing Representative on Duty as well as when needed.
- Ensure the highest levels of safety are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing and/or equivalent direct sales experience.
- Prefer a minimum of five years direct sales experience. Experience preferred within the theme park, entertainment, tourism, or hospitality.
- Solid sales and business analysis skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for both internal and external audiences.
- Ability to train, develop and evaluate a diverse sales team.
- Capable of learning personal computer business-related software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point, CRM and ticketing systems.
- Demonstrated ability in business and personal organization and discipline skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and accounts in multiple locations and do so within established expense parameters and meet all project deadlines.
- Strong commitment to maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of park, division, and department information as requested by the company.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and clean driving record to drive company vehicle.
- Available to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays, and 40+ hours.
- Must be able to pass a criminal, drug, alcohol, and social security background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires manual and bi-manual dexterity, fine and gross motor skills, eye/hand coordination, near vision, hearing and speech.
- Requires occasional standing, kneeling, and bending.
- Requires occasional walking, reaching above shoulder, pushing and pulling.
- Requires occasional lifts and carries up to 30 pounds.
- Requires occasional carries up to 100 pounds with the assistance of a two-wheel hand truck.
- Requires frequent standing and walking outdoors during summer season.
- Continuously works indoors with moderate business noise including such machines as phones, keyboards, printers, and copiers.