As an Animation Engineer Intern on the Narrative Systems and Workflow team, you’ll focus on empowering our content creators to tell inspiring stories within our proprietary engine. At the intersection of story and technology, you’ll work with NPC designers and animators to optimize, update, and expand the relevant runtime systems and pipelines that enable narrative performances that tell stories in our game. Most importantly, you will work with a fun and creative team helping make exciting player experiences in Destiny.
- Currently enrolled in a U.S. college, university, or related program and returning to school in the fall upon conclusion of the internship
- Available to work full-time for 12 weeks throughout the summer with a set May or June start date
- Empower our NPC designers and animators to create higher fidelity animations.
- Collaborate with experienced colleagues to optimize the workflow and improve the capabilities of our storytelling narrative performances pipeline.
- Build your confidence with the engine that drives our proprietary visual scripting system.
- Proficient in C/C++ and has an understanding of multi-threading, algorithm design, and common data structures (binary search trees, queues, stacks, hash tables, spatial partitioning).
- Strong relevant math background (trigonometry, linear algebra, calculus, numerical analysis).
- Demonstrable knowledge of mathematical concepts used in animation (quaternions, splines, forward and inverse kinematics).
- Can write clear, concise, and accurate technical documentation, summarize complex topics, and achieve alignment with customers of different technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Personal or academic experience developing and debugging animation asset pipelines (FBX, FaceFX, etc.).
- An academic or practical understanding of how animation game engine sub-systems interact with game logic.
- Personal or academic experience working with physically based animation modelling (spring systems, flocking, particle simulations, fluid dynamics).
- The ability to understand and apply concepts from a research paper into a practical solution.
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
All benefits, perks, and time off are provided by and at the discretion of external resource partner(s). For more information, please visit: Worker Help Center – Help Center (tcwglobal.com)
- Annual Paid Time Off (PTO) and/or Sabbatical (SAB) based on position level
- L13-L15: 20 PTO days
- L16-L17: 15 PTO days / 5 SAB days
- L18+: 10 PTO days / 10 SAB days
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays each year
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked