Mary Washington Healthcare
Internal Number: R-10566
Start the day excited to make a difference…end the day knowing you did. Come join our team.Job Summary:
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) is accountable to the patient care team for providing direct patient care functions under the supervision of a registered nurse and performing clerical, communication and other related duties to facilitate the efficient functioning of Department services. All duties are to be performed in collaboration with team members. Duties and responsibilities are performed according to standards outlined in competency based/evaluation tool. The CNA participates in and accepts responsibility for functions delegated to the team. This position must demonstrate a commitment of quality service to our patients, the public and our co-workers.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Assists patients in their routine activities of daily living, including but not limited to:
- Performs range of motion.
- Ambulates patient.
- Positions patient and provides skin care.
- Distributes linen and changes bed as needed.
- Assists with feeding and meal delivery.
- Assists with routine hygiene care including toileting and incontinent care, as well as appropriate oral and personal hygiene.
Assists patient care team in collection of patient data and specimens:
- Obtains urine, stool, and sputum specimens and processes specimens as needed.
- Obtains and records heath, weights, vital signs, including pulse oximetry and pain assessment and I&O.
- Communicates patient status and reports changes in patient condition to licensed professional.
Assists patient care team by performing and explaining designated patient care procedures:
- Performs incentive spirometry.
- Transports patient. Preps for diagnostic tests.
- Assists rehab therapists (PM & R).
- Performs pulse oximetry/oxygen set up in oxygen therapy.
- Prepares room (supplies). Provides post mortem care.
- Prepares for admission and discharge.
- Assists nurse in emergency situations.
- Maintains and cleans equipment.
- Performs suction (oral, naso pharynx).
- Performs blood sugar finger sticks.
- Removes IV catheters per licensed nurse instruction.
- Performs EKGs (department specific responsibility).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answers unit phone and directs calls accordingly.
- Performs data entry into electronic medical database systems. Documents patient care and related duties appropriately.
- Performs selected patient registration activities.
- Coordinates equipment/supply needs. Notifies appropriate department of equipment malfunction.
- Performs any other related duties (e.g., clerical, technical duties) as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- CNA license issued by the Commonwealth of VA required
- AHA BLS Provider CPR required at hire
- For CNAs working at Snowden at Fredericksburg: CPI is required within 90 days of hire.
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.