Contour is building the global standard for trade by bringing together the world’s banks, corporates and ecosystem partners, onto a common, digital, and trusted network. Powered by innovation, trust and collaboration, Contour uses decentralised technology to offer seamless integration with market-leading digital document systems and other digital networks, enabling frictionless data-flow across the entire trade ecosystem.
Contourâs Engineering team works with the latest in blockchain technology to bring innovative solutions to the trade finance industry. We strongly believe in continuous improvement and are continually looking at ways to enhance our product through tools and technology.
Continuously look to push the limits of technology and bring value to the trade finance industry.. this is just the beginning.
Context of the role:
Reporting to the Head of Sales, the role is responsible to execute day-to-day sales process and manage sales engagement with target clients, both financial institutions and corporates; run marketing activities and liaise with 3rd party sales and marketing delivery partners. To be successful in the role a person must be sales-driven and a fast-moving person with a strong customer focus. You are passionate about creating a value for your customers, which ultimately leads to profitable business for both.
To identify the right decision makers and influencers as well as the courage to ask the right questions is critical to your success. We see that you have excellent Communication skills – you know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You believe in what weâre doing and wonât stop at anything to deliver on your goals. You are best at what you do, and you know how to get the best out of your colleagues.
Execute day-to-day sales process with clients
- Execute on defined sales strategy (e.g., targeting prioritized accounts, geographies, industries, etc.)
- Manage day-to-day sales activities including lead generation, client interaction and conversion, sales-related documentation, tracking and monitoring sales pipeline, account planning
- Plan and execute marketing events in collaboration with 3rd party sales and marketing support
Maintain accounts and develop âAmbassadorâ relationships with target clients
- Develop and maintain account plan for target corporates as potential clients
- Identify and engage key client contacts (e.g. Trade Finance, IT) to develop platform âAmbassadorsâ within target clients.
- Manage overall account and âAmbassadorâ relationships to promote platform usage
- Collect client feedback and report back to the Sales Team for consolidation and analysis
- Negotiate proposal and contracting with clients
Support Ops Team
- Provide support to the Ops team in onboarding clients
- Coordinate with the team to monitor the onboarding process to ensure success
Support in the development of Sales & Marketing collateral and tools
- Make recommendations on potential Sales & Marketing collateral (e.g., investment decks, digital content) and tools (e.g., workshop materials, business case tools) to meet client needs
- Support Sales Manager in the development of Sales & Marketing collateral and tools
What we require:
- 5+ years of sales experience, of which 5 years involved a complex solution sales process
- Proven track record of success driving revenue through discovering, prospecting, and creating new business
- Experience in Trade Finance from either bank or corporate perspectives
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and CRM applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Sales force)
- Specific work experience in the SAM software market is desirable not essential.
- Business Mandarin capability a plus
Why Join Us?
- Experience fresh, exciting daily challenges as we reshape an industry
- Work in a fast paced, highly collaborative and high calibre team
- Enjoy opportunities to take on a broad range of roles as the company grows
- Experience freedom in how you achieve your goals and your working practices
- Collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders