The Recruitment Alliance
National Medical Fellowships
Assistant Director, Multimedia Design and Production
One of the first diversity focused organizations in the United States, National Medical Fellowships (NMF), founded in 1946, is the nation’s premier 501(c)(3) non-profit organization seeking to eliminate health care disparities by increasing the number of Black, Indigenous, Latine, and People of Color physicians and other health care professions working to advance health equity.
NMF works to expand access to education in health care professions, strengthen partnerships with institutions providing this education, and increase a sense of belonging for students of color by enhancing its financial, communal, and emotional support. NMF also offers resources for physicians and other providers already working in health care. To ensure that clinical research findings benefit all populations, NMF works to increase the number of diverse researchers and investigators leading clinical trials and diversify participants in clinical research. In these ways, NMF unabashedly disrupts the systems and structures that erect barriers that impede talented and committed students and providers of color from aiding communities made vulnerable by historic disinvestment and disenfranchisement.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President of Strategic Communications, NMF’s Assistant Director of Multimedia Design serves to elevate NMF’s brand by providing strategic design support for internal stakeholders, while producing high-quality work consistent with brand guidelines to help maximize NMF’s impact within its seven strategic pillars:
- Build an Endowment for a Sustainable Future
- Advance Thought Leadership
- Engage in Impactful Policy Partnerships
- Diversify Clinical Research
- Launch a Robust Mentorship Network
- Expand Focus on Behavioral Health and Wellbeing
- Develop a Strong and Comprehensive Student Pathway
This role will lead and partner on design and video projects with the organization’s Communications, Programs, Development and Operations teams, as well as the Office of the President & CEO, to deliver best-in-class print, digital, and video collateral. This role is critical to ensuring that all collateral (print, video, digital, etc.) supports and advances the goals of NMF’s mission and brand.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment and excels in managing projects both independently and collaboratively. Given NMF’s continued growth and expansion, this role will have a significant impact on the success of a well-established and scaling organization that works at the intersection of health care, education and racial justice.
Design, Production, and Project Management
- Develop and execute a plan to improve NMF’s collateral and bring all materials in alignment with brand guidelines.
- Assess NMF’s existing video footage, identify gaps, and ensure the capture of additional material. Edit footage for a wide variety of promotional purposes.
- Implement and maintain a digital asset management system.
- Design deliverables for internal and external partners to advance NMF’s mission and strategic priorities.
- Partner with Communications team colleagues on the development of creative content for various initiatives, including publications, reports, infographics, social media graphics, email and website content, events collateral, videos, and more.
- Contribute to executing and innovating NMF’s print, digital, and video strategy across the organization, including the use of video to enhance the organization’s social media presence.
- Design and update templates for collateral, presentations, email, and digital content.
- Consult on design best practices with other team members in an adaptive environment.
- Work collaboratively with NMF’s team to ensure alignment with branding, messaging, and visual identity guidelines.
- Collaborate with other design team colleagues/resources to support ongoing organizational training on how to leverage the NMF visual identity effectively.
- Reinforce NMF’s branding at every point of contact and bring fresh direction and insight to the team while maintaining defined design standards.
- Assist with design review and quality control across projects as needed.
- Contribute to NMF’s staff communications guide to ensure all team members have sufficient guidance to adhere to brand standards.
- Five or more years of overall experience, having worked in one or more creative design roles
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, video production, or a related design field
- A strong portfolio of digital and print designs, and edited videos.
- Demonstrated experience working with printers and mail houses, as well as video production companies
- Ability to perform hands-on design production tasks and management of deliverables
- Familiarity with digital marketing solutions such as Campaign Monitor and Mobile Cause, as well as content management systems such as WordPress
- Video capture, editing and production experience
- Expertise with Adobe’s Creative Cloud apps (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Rush or other video editing software), Canva, and Microsoft Suite (One Drive, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Strong understanding of design principles and typography
- Detail oriented, with strong organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds, and willingness to help build and steward an organizational culture that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrate a growth mindset and a desire to continuously improve work product and professional knowledge.
NMF’s team shares a strong commitment to facilitating growth of a diverse health care workforce. The team is committed to increasing access to health care and improving health outcomes for communities of color made vulnerable by systemic and structural racism in medicine. NMF has a virtual remote working environment with team members based in different areas of the country. However, location in the Washington, DC metro area is preferred for proximity to NMF’s headquarters in Alexandria, VA.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience within the nonprofit sector
Generous benefits package, including paid time off; medical, dental and vision benefits; short and long-term disability insurance; life insurance; and 401K matching plan
Applications must include:
Link to a digital portfolio showcasing some of the applicant’s graphic design and video editing work.
Tagged as: Mid-level